For members and leaders:
For general leaders:
- 4U Self Determined form
- Year End Report
- 2018 4-H Registration Checklist
- 2018 Project Material Order Form
- 2018 Young Horse Parent Release Form
- Logo Usage Information
- District Council Year End Financial Report
General Leaders will receive a Club Registration Package in the mail by mid-September, and all forms will be available to download on the 4-H Saskatchewan website. If you have questions about registration - call 306-933-7727
Because 4-H Saskatchewan values the safety of its members, all leaders must complete a volunteer screening process, which includes:
- Submitting a criminal record search, completed by your local city police or R.C.M.P. detachment
- Obtaining three references
- The Volunteer Screening deadline is December 15, 2018
- All Saskatchewan 4-H Volunteers must complete volunteer screening before they can be 4-H leaders. Our volunteer screening process involves an application form, 3 references, and a criminal record check. Volunteer Screening is valid for 5 years.
- All leaders who completed their screening in 2013, will need to re-certify. The screening package is at the top of this page under the "For Members and Leaders" heading.
- You will require a criminal record check from your local RCMP detachment or police station. Many detachments/stations require a formal letter from 4-H Saskatchewan in order to waive the record check fee - please contact your Regional 4-H Specialist for a volunteer confirmation letter prior to going to get your record check.
- NEW - you can now also use BackChek to get your screening completed! This is an easy, online screening option. Contact Karrie at 306-933-7728 to learn more! She will get you the 4-H code to use if you are interested in using this option.
- After you become a screened leader, the next step is to start your club. The 4-H Saskatchewan staff will assist and guide you through this process, and have your club up and running in no time!
Helpful Tips for Registering your 4-H Club
- Set an orientation and registration night!
- Set a date and contact your returning members and leaders. Attract new leaders and members by inviting new families, putting up posters in town, or posting an ad in your local school newsletter or newspaper.
- Direct them to this webpage where they can download, complete, and print their registration forms and bring them to the meeting.
- Contact your Regional 4-H Specialist at the Provincial 4-H Office for advice, support, and materials (like posters and brochures).
- Take a look at the Project Selection Guide to see all of the Projects available! This is also a very useful resource to give your new 4-H families!
- Check out your Bits & Pieces newsletter, the Event page and the Opportunities page for some of the regional, provincial, and national 4-H events and opportunities available this year!
- Collect your Leader Registration Forms.
- Remind Leaders that they must have valid volunteer screening - those that are new or need to recertify should start the application process as soon as possible.
- Collect your Member Registration Forms
- Make sure they're completed, parents have signed where necessary, and they include what projects members are enrolled in.
- Collect your Member Registration Fees
- Membership Fees are $90 per member BEFORE November 15, and $110 per member if after November 15.
- Be prepared to give receipts if necessary.
- All membership cheques should be made payable to your club.
- Your club should submit ONE cheque payable to 4-H Saskatchewan for ALL fees
- Complete the Club Officials Form - at your first General Meeting your club should elect a member executive, leader positions, and representatives to the District 4-H Council.
- Complete the Club Information Sheet (optional) - this information will help your Regional 4-H Specialist know what assistance you may need this year.
- If your club was registered last year, you must submit the Year End Club Summary Form, which details your club activities from last year, in order to register this year. Remember to attach your club's constitution.
- Read the How to Order Project Materials page. Discuss with your Project Leaders what resources they will require - this will depend on how many members are taking each project. Tally all the resources that will be needed, and complete your Project Material Order Form for the entire club. Project Materials will not be sent until all registration forms and fees have been received.
- Send ALL OF THESE FORMS & ITEMS TOGETHER to the Provincial 4-H Office at 3830 Thatcher Avenue, Saskatoon, SK. S7R 1A5.
- Member Registration Forms
- One Club cheque for all 4-H Membership Fees: $90 x # of members
- Leader Registration Forms
- Club Officials Form
- Year End Club Summary Form
- Project Material Order Form
- Club Information Sheet (optional)
- Stay in touch with your Regional 4-H Specialist, check the website often, and connect with 4-H Saskatchewan online to stay up to date with the many opportunities and events that will be offered throughout the year!
On Line Registration
Are you interested in using on line registration this year? Watch this tutorial to help you through the steps!